Co-Creative Design & Development Practice
SWOT analysis stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. Using this method, I will be able to demonstrate skills and technique about myself, showing off the good and opportunities whilst looking for improvements on the bad and of any possible threats.
The things I will consider for each point of the method:
- What I do well?
- What skills I can offer?
- What can I improve on?
- What weaknesses do I have?
- How can I improve?
- What are the challenges?
My SWOT Analysis
- Researching materials
- Note taking
- Documentation writing
- Wireframe designs
- Individual worker
- Communication through chat and email
- Accepting feedback
- Hesitant in Large or new groups
- I often find myself I that I don’t engage much in meetings
- Working in a different time zone than others
- Online meeting only
- Expanding Portfolio
- Collaborating and team working
- Learning new skills and idea
- Learning from others
- Loosing focus
- Not meeting deadlines
- Unbalanced work
- Distractions (e.g. work commitments)
So far, the performance of the group has been up and down. Although we have been keeping up with the group meetings, it looks are though some of our communications is getting missed. I have noticed this is somewhat becoming a regular theme to which I am afraid that I may not be able to share my concerns which could affect the overall team project as well as the Module.
I have previously raised my concerns to all member about current situation and was hoping the team would be able to give me a flexible work around. At first, they seemed to understand but this had gone out the window when there was a sudden urge to complete tasks.
When I saw that it wasn’t possible to work outside of my working hours and the demand to hand over the work was too much of a short notice, I raised this to my tutor to look for a solution. As Week 7 as almost completed, I didn’t want to leave this to the very late.
A meeting has been set up in week 8 to discuss the possibilities.
1. Falmouth University, July 2021, Week 7: Spark Forum, Falmouth University, Viewed 9th July 2021, Available at < https://flex.falmouth.ac.uk/courses/913/discussion_topics/22306?module_item_id=54481>
2. Molly Winik, 12th April 2021, Your Guide to Effective SWOT Analysis, SimilarWeb Blog, Viewed 10thJuly 2021, Available at < https://www.similarweb.com/corp/blog/research/company-research/swot-analysis-for-market-research/?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=Dynamic_BLG_EuropeT1_TCPA&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjo2JBhCRARIsAFG667Wkx0DtByoVtYM-ctZ7rkb3HFoB-dIW5tx3_3cnnJxixzDGX__8-SYaAqwWEALw_wcB>